Monday, October 13, 2014

Look'n Good and feeling the Spirit...

Ovalle Zone Conference





Mission President

Now those are some good looking Elders!
Hey Dad! Juan has a Baptismal Date!!!!!! On October 25, 2014 by the authority of the Holy Melchizedek Priesthood I will baptize Juan Aguirre! He believes it all and wants to live forever with his family! We are working on setting a date for the wedding this week and hoping that this weekend we will be attending our first Chilean wedding or at least next Monday. I will be sending you a picture of a marriage license! The problem right now is the less active girlfriend. which to me is so strange because all the other members who we teach who aren’t married just want to sprint to court to make their marriage official and baptize their spouse! But she is really young.  She is the same age as Jessica and is a little scared but we are praying she will be able to overcome this fear.  Juan even fasted yesterday for it!!! It was awesome! This gospel really will change the lives of people who choose to follow it, because when we sacrifice for Heavenly Father he opens up the windows of heaven and makes it rain blessings! I am really glad to hear that you’re having missionary experiences yourself! I know it is hard to have hope for some of the people you teach because I feel the same way some of the time but we don’t know all that is really going on in their lives. We just need to have faith, we invite them to make promises with the Lord through the power of the spirit and then pray that they will keep their promises. The Lord will bless us with what we want, not always immediately or in the way we think but He will. 

I love you Dad!!
Elder Christopher Ryan Barlow

On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 12:08 PM, Wendy Barlow <wendypbarlow@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi honey! You look good. How are you this fine morning? I’m at work but have time to talk because the patient is in surgery for the next hour. 

On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 9:17 AM, Christopher Barlow <christopher.barlow@myldsmail.net> wrote:

That’s awesome!! Sort of ha I am good. My companion and me are going to get haircuts today from one of our investigators hopefully we can kill 2 birds with one stone!

On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 12:23 PM, Wendy Barlow <wendypbarlow@gmail.com> wrote:
Oh good. Hopefully she will be charmed by you into getting baptized. How was week?

On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 9:25 AM, Christopher Barlow <christopher.barlow@myldsmail.net> wrote:
A little slow and we didn’t teach a whole lot of lessons but we did manage to set a baptismal date for Juan so thank you for your Prayers! He has to get married first but I hope this week I will be attending my first Chilean wedding!

On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 12:33 PM, Wendy Barlow <wendypbarlow@gmail.com> wrote:
That so exciting to hear about Juan! We will continue to pray that all goes well for him and his girlfriend. Make sure you take pics at the wedding.  I was able to see pics from your zone conference and you look so handsome! I do have to say that you are the best looking missionary in your zone! But I’m also biased. I've been wondering if you are able to go running for your exercise. Also how is a normal day for you go?

On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 9:40 AM, Christopher Barlow <christopher.barlow@myldsmail.net> wrote: I love our zone! I run every morning for like 15 minutes and then do some easy things on those outside gyms that are in the parks, pushups, squats and then I curl plastic bags filled with Book of Mormons. 

On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 12:44 PM, Wendy Barlow <wendypbarlow@gmail.com> wrote:
That's awesome that you curl BOM!! Can your comp keep up with you? I’m so happy that you love your zone. We can tell in your pics that you are happy and full of the spirit and that makes dad and I so happy for you! Tell me about your days and your routine. Have you been able to keep the weight off with all the bread your probably eating?

Chris:
We have bread like 4 times a day but I only eat a little bit so I am not to worried and everyone says I will get even skinnier when I get transferred to ViƱa or Valpo because it is just hills and heat so I am pumped for that! The weather her is really weird and the temp will change like 3 times during the day! I usually run a little bit ahead of my companion but I can tell he didn´t really workout a whole lot before now so he is starting to lose a lot of weight as well ha
https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif



No comments:

Post a Comment