Monday, October 27, 2014

Challenging week...

This week was super challenging with Juan because he changed the date of his marriage to January and we won´t be able to be here for it. It is really sad because he really wanted his family to be able to come to the date that they had set before but I guess that he is estranged from his family and he has tried to make up with them but they just don´t really like him or something.  Which is hard and I obviously don´t know the entire story but Juan won´t be baptized till after I am in another district! But I am alright with that! It´s not important who does that baptism as long as he is baptized! I love this Gospel and I love serving the Lord!
We planted the seed in his heart, we just need to give it more time to sprout! This is part of the problem that I think I am going to have with teaching. I am only going to be in these people lives for a couple months at best and I am going to change basically everything that they have ever known and then at times I won´t be able to see if it helped them or not.  I understand that its good for me and that helping them is the important thing.

De su HIjo
Elder Christopher Ryan Barlow

I will answer all your questions in more depth next week. But the nastiest thing I have eaten here is like  a corn peach thing that was awful!  I love teaching the first vision too but I like to  have my investigators read the first vision from the pamphlets we have. I love the running in the morning and I do a lot of push ups now!

Love you Dad!
Elder Christopher Ryan Barlow


No comments:

Post a Comment