Monday, March 30, 2015

Testimony comes through praying and reading the scriptures...

Hola Pops!! What up!! 
I am all good here in La Ligua, still. And I am still with Elder Almanzor.   so I am pretty sure the lord has a reason for me to still be here.  I've decided that I am just going to love, learn how to be patient and learn how to teach through words that are kind a through my example.  We have worked a lot better this past week which was nice and 2 of our investigators attended this week which was so nice because I was sick and tired of nobody keeping their commitments! Most people that we are teaching are reading and not praying or praying and not reading and none of them are attending, apart from 2.  And well, we have not had a baptism so I'm now sure that no one can gain a testimony of the truth of message, fully if they don´t do all these things. So we are going to be pushing a lot more with attending this week to our envestigadores( Investigators).   With it being conference and all I think it will be really good when they listen to  the prophet speak! I discovered that I love receiving revelation, so that is pretty awesome!! This morning I was studying and I got asked the question why would God call a prophet  if we have the Bible and I knew the answer but the words just weren´t coming out in the way I wanted them to or in the way that I knew they should come out and it bugged me a lot. I couldn´t answer in a convincing and sure way. So I studied why and Heavenly father saw fit to bless me with an answer so now I am ready for the battle. I love the gospel and the simple and easy way it all fits together. Satan has tried for thousands of years to put everything into darkness and change so many things but this just shows me how much power we as children of God have to overthrow the chains of misery that Satan has around us, step into the light and love Christ has prepared for us. 

Elder Christopher Ryan Barlow

No comments:

Post a Comment