Friday, July 3, 2015

New mission president and continuing to learn patience...

Today is officially the last P day with president Kahnlien and I wrote my first letter to President Diaz. It was sorta strange because I had to include details about how much time I have served, where and stuff about the family. It will be really interesting what changes are going to happen, now that we have a new president and to see what rules he is more relaxed on. The changes probably won´t happen for probably 3 months because he will want to see what works for him and what doesn´t.  It was strange to think that I will finish my first year in the mission and that I will be burning a shirt in 3 weeks. I don't feel like I have been gone for a year maybe because I have only had 2 sectors and 4 comps. 
I chose a new study topic for this year next year and its a saying from president Packer.  "If you don´t chose the kingdom of God first in your life, in the end it won´t matter what you chose instead." I am going to start studying about how we can chose the kingdom of God in every action and I am hoping I change a lot. I'm starting to realize really how much people are going to rely on me as a pillar of faith and work. Tonight I was talking with one of the Elders in my district that has been in a rough sector for 6 months now, like me and is really struggling. When we talked I could feel his pain and the kind of hopelessness he felt. I know the lord guided me in giving him counsel to help him keep working hard until at least changes happen. I really like giving counsel to people but something that I have to work on is teaching with more love and patience because some of the members think of me as Elder pesado, which here in Chile is like grumpy. They all love me but I am very stubborn and I don´t take like the word no and I hate excuses and well I'm more then willing to ask questions that are uncomfortable and sometimes hard to answer. I want to be like our savior but its hard because I feel like sometimes our brothers and sisters are stubborn. They know what they should be doing things that will just bring them blessings but they procrastinate. Sometimes I want to shake them and yell and in English just so they can´t respond. Its terribly frustrating, but oh well it wasn´t easy for Christ so why would it be easy for any of us. 



Thank you mommy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elder Christopher Ryan Barlow 


No comments:

Post a Comment