Sunday, April 3, 2016

Working hard and strengthening my faith...

Mom Today I realized a spiritual truth about who I am. I was studying in the Book of Mormon today and was thinking about how I could strengthen my testimony of  Christ through it. I was pretty bummed. I have read it more then a few times now. 5 times in English and 5 in Spanish, I'm finishing my fifth time in Spanish right now. I always pray to know if it´s true and well nothing big happens. Nothing small either. I was wondering why heavenly father hadn´t confirmed to me the words of the Book. I went and prayed in our bedroom and I sat there thinking about the book when the words to the hymn The Iron Rod came to mind. The iron rod is the word of god and will safely guide you through. God had confirmed my prayers but through different things. He is teaching me how much faith I actually possess and have always possessed. I am like those who Alma spoke of in Alma 32:16. The spirit confirmed to me that although I have never had big confirmations I have always known. I thought about the parable of the prodigal son but thought of the older son, obedient and always with his father. I am like him with the anger or resentment. The lord hasn´t had to kill the fatted calf for me and hasn't had huge parties for me because I have never left his side or at least haven't gone far, nor will I ever leave his side. 

It's super cool that dad is going to get sworn in before the supreme court!!!!!!! You are going to send me photos right?  

I get to see Paolo almost everyday and he said that he is going to come to Santiago to say good bye to me but I still haven´t been able to see the rest of the family. We are going to baptize a mountain of people in my zone this next month!!!!!!!!!!! In the district that I'm in we've talked to about 15 people who are all super ready to be baptized and more than a couple of them already have baptismal dates and more than a couple attended  church. My comp and I are going to baptize 6 people in this next month! It´s gonna be awesome! 

 I am so freaking brown now!!! Tons of people have asked if i am Brazilian, Argentinian or Chilean.



President and Sister Diaz







No comments:

Post a Comment