Monday, December 22, 2014

Grateful for being prepared when young...

Hey first off your gillie suit and your knives are dope! I am super jealous! I feel like that might be one of the first things I will have to buy when I get back after my motorcycle. Canihuente is becoming more and more interesting everyday! So las Hermanas in our ward have been teaching a kid that lives in our sector and he wants to be baptized this Sunday. So we are going to have a baptism this Sunday. He lives in our sector but he spends all of his time in the house of his cousins and they have been receiving the lessons from the sisters in their sector. We hadn't talked to him or seen him until the sisters were like "oh here is a kid that wants to be baptized by you guys!" It`s a Christmas miracle! Elisia had her interview but didn't pass because she likes to talk to an evangelist preacher, whenever she talks about anything having to do with church and she is lacking a little bit in the lessons, so we are going to teach prophets and repentance to her again and basically guide her with memorized answers to help her pass the baptismal interview. She is really great, super kind and friendly. And wants to be a member of the church. She just has tons of stuff from every other religions of the world in her mind, so at times she is very confusing to listen to. We also don`t have permission from her husband to baptize her. I am a little worried about that because he is a huge horrible, terrible person. Like he would have been the man that stoned the prophets in the bible. We are doing good and right now we are trying to unite this ward but it is going to be really hard. This branch has suffered a lot. I am going to ask to president if I can be here one more transfer but I am going to be getting a new comp because Arriaza has been 6 months. I have lost 20 pounds and I am pretty sure when I get back you won`t be able to recognize me, which is fun. I can feel and see the changes of the mission in my life very clearly and I am so grateful you and mom taught me that I should prepare to service the Lord when I was young. I am seeing young men who don`t have a mission in mind here. It is really sad because when they aren't focusing on preparing for the future they are just living to do what is fun right now. Thank you so much! The photos are of Paolo our best friend here in Ovalle and his niece and sister cataldo the president of the Sociedad de Socorro(Relief Society). The other is of our mamita sister and brother Erises they are awesome!!
  I love you momma and dad!!!!!

Love 
Elder Christopher Ryan Barlow

No comments:

Post a Comment