Monday, December 8, 2014

I love being a missionary...




A little bit of Christmas from home.




Hey Pop and momma!! 
 I am pumped to hear that you had an awesome birthday and that you aren´t feeling to old.  Here in chile every man has a chain. just like a plain silver chain and every time I see them it reminds me of josh and how thug he is! I want to buy one and send it to him because I know he will actually wear it but they are super lame. I don´t really understand why they wear them but oh well. 
  We have 3 progressing investigators right now and they are super good! Barbara, Maria, Elisia. Barbara is 19 and has a baby. She is really good and listens and participating in the lesson but has a fear of attending church so her progress is shortening. Maria is great and says that if she receives an answer about the Book of Mormon she will do whatever we ask and be active forever, which is just great! Elisia is good too. She attended a branch conference with us and liked it a lot but her husband is, in the words of Jesus and Moroni "a child of hell" and doesn't ´t want us to come by anymore.  I don't know what we are going to do about her and her baptism this sunday. Here in Ovalle there is a really big lack of religiousness with the men and the men who are religious are not really willing to listen which is really hard. If we could baptize the head of the family the rest will follow and the branches here really need elders who pay tithing. I really liked the presents I got and I gave half of all my food to Elder Arriaza, don´t worry. I have two nicknames here El rey de Helado (the king of ice cream)with some of the families in the branch and with the missionaries I am the king of candy because I always have candy for the kids we are teaching. I have lost 20 pounds since I left the MTC. At one point in the MTC I was almost 200lbs and now I am about 172. Christmas is about the same here but a little smaller and we have a lot more Jehovah's Witnesses but nothing really different. 
  My favorite treat is probably the mentos but I am sorry to say that I didn't ´t follow the instructions because they were at the bottom of the package. I didn't ´t open my stocking or my letters yet so that is good! The kids here loved the ctr rings and if you could send me like 100 more that would be the most marvelous thing in the world! The tree and the nativity scene are in our study room and yes I did decorate them! Dads cookies were awesome and I haven't tried the mix yet. I am waiting till Christmas to eat it with some of the families we are going to be with. 
  I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!!!! IT IS THE BEST THING EVER! I also have realized something, that is really sad as well. A lot of people are going to die and have to learn all the things about the gospel in the spirit world but I know the plan of our Heavenly Father is perfect and I am so grateful I decided to be valiant in the pre-earth life to be able to have the fullness of the gospel in my life now, with all the joy and blessings that come with it. I love you guys so much for preparing me to serve a mission and I know that the people I teach, if they choose to accept the gospel will wet your feet with their tears when we are in heaven again because of their gratitude. 

Love 
Elder Christopher Ryan Barlow

No comments:

Post a Comment