Monday, February 16, 2015

Fisrt transfer to Ligua, a little stressed out...

Mom and Dad:
Dad I am positive that you received revelation for your son with the talk that you sent me. I have been super stressed out these past 5 days because of the following. I did get transferred, I am now in La Ligua, the biggest sector in the entire mission. It has one huge big city about the same size of Ovalle which had 16 missionaries but now it is only me and my companion. I am now a district leader. I am actually not that stressed about that, more like excited!  Its new but I am not worried. My companion, Elder Almanzor,  is just ending his training, so he is really new. He struggles with the language and I'm worried about how effectively we are going to be able to work. It is hard to teach a good lesson because he expects me to translate when he talks to the people here in English.  I am not saying he can´t change and I am going to do everything I possibly can to help him. I just need to breath, maintain control, have empathy and consider how things could be worse. I have a calling from the God of the whole Earth to go and to bring his children to salvation and  I will not fail. I can not fail because their salvation is tied to my salvation. I know the gospel is true. Now I need to work and show that I know it is true.
I have gotten taller and a lot skinnier, I have a six pack ha
ha!! I have actually gotten really muscular! I was super sad to leave Francisco's mom but she is in the church now and preparing to go to the temple. Now I have the opportunity to live with them for eternity if both of us keep our covenants.
 Love Elder Chris Barlow
First transfer to Ligua

No comments:

Post a Comment