Thursday, February 5, 2015

I want to be an example of the believers...


I had a very interesting week and dad has most of the details so I am only going to say that we can no longer teach Carolina because she is in love with my comp and wants his bod. Elder Staton is the man. He is going to be spending lots of nights at our house during college because we're going to be poor college students and he loves your food even though he hasn´t even tried it yet. Plus everyone hates him and he has no friends but they do like his bod.  

Mom you rock. Alma 56:44-47 Por lo tanto, ¿que Decís, Hijos míos? ¿queréis ir a combatirlos? y te digo mi amado hermano Moroni, que jamas había visto yo tan grande valor no, ni aun entre todos los nefitas. pues como yo siempre los había llamado hijos míos pues eran todos muy jóvenes, he aquí me contestaron de esta manera: Padre He aquí nuestro Dios esta con nosotros y no no dejara caer; así pues, avancemos. no mataríamos a nuestros hermanos si nos dejasen en paz por tanto avancemos no sea que derroten al ejercito de antipus.  Hasta entonces nunca habían combatido: no obstante, no temían la muerte y estimaban mas la libertad de sus padres que sus propias vidas si sus madres les habían enseñado que si ni dudaban dios los libraría. 48- Y ME REPITIERON LAS PALABRAS DE SUS MADRES, DICIENDO: NO DUDAMOS QUE NUESTRAS MADRES LO SABÍAN. 

I love you mom
Elder Christopher Ryan Barlow 
Hey Dad!! Everyone sent me an update from the super bowl which was really funny to me because I had stopped caring about professional football before my mission.  I thought it was funny that people care enough about me to included these types of details in their emails to me.  Is Caleb doing OK? Has he left the hospital and how are uncle Lynn and the others doing? I am going to write them this week and pray for him. And on a happy note, way to slay it with having a girlfriend Caleb! High 5 From Chile!

We had this amazing,  I mean pure gold investigator named Carolina and she was progressing like no one I had ever seen before. She would read everything we left with her and then look stuff up in the BOM to read. She was reading the additional study references from the pamphlets and was praying on her knees every night. She had a baptismal date for Sunday.  We were at a branch activity and she told my comp that she wasn't sure if she was joining the church because it was true or for him. He was like no!!!!   Now the sisters in our branch have a free baptisms. It blows so bad!! But Its all good because we are going to baptize the Francisco's mom next week, the day before transfers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so pumped!! 


I love preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ and I have really been trying to give my whole heart to the Lord because I want to change. I don´t want to come home and be the same old Chris Barlow. I want to be an example of the believers that really give their whole hearts to the lord. I know it is the only way our family and my future family can be together forever. I am so grateful for everything you have done for me and obviously I don´t have the words to express the love or understand all the things that you have for me but I really do love you dad and I want you to know that in my opinion if all men are were and ever would be like unto Peter Barlow the very powers of hell would be shaken forever. Yea Satan would never have power over the hearts of the children of man. 

Love 
Elder Christopher Ryan Barlow 

P.S. Tell Dave Bethers the Gaytriots still suck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment