Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Working hard to stay focused, Worth of souls is precious....


   Our investigators are in the words of the Chileans, "alli no mas."   I got pretty sick the other day but after getting  a blessing and a couple hours of sleep I felt perfectly fine. Thank you for saying something about staying focused! It has been kind of hard lately to try and keep my mind focused. I do work hard and I try my best to keep my mind in the work. I have learned here on the mission that there is a time and a place for everything.   Although sometimes I struggle in trying to keep my mind on the work I know that I am going to fight and work hard till the end. Mostly the the thoughts that distract me are thoughts of marriage and family, I never think about school or other things. I know its not bad to have these desires. I work hard to shut them out of my heart for right now because not only do I refuse to be trunkie, I know that I need to learn to control the desires of my heart and put the lord first in everything. Those that lose their lives shall find it, I want to find my life. I have seen miracles and grown so much in my knowledge of the gospel but I still haven`t completely lost my life. ha ha. I talk with Lindsey all the time and Mitch.
 
Something I have thought about  is that I would like a lot  after finishing my mission is to be able to visit all the people I have been able to meet with you guys. They are amazing! Meeting the missionary from Logan today and seeing all the love he has for all these people made me think about all the people I have met. I pray they are active and living the gospel. I have started to gain the vision of the worth of their souls. There is a scripture in Alma, 31:35 and Alma is praying so that he might have success to teach and preach. I felt that that yesterday thinking about the people I have met. Oh lord their souls are precious and many of them are precious, therefore, give unto us, lord wisdom and power to bring them unto you again.



No comments:

Post a Comment