Monday, September 22, 2014

Feeling your Hugs....

Hey Momma! I promise I can feel the prayers and hugs that you are trying to send me! Missionary work is so hard! It’s way harder then I ever thought it would be because I thought possibly every 1 in 30 people would listen but its more like every 1 in 150 listen and then usually they don’t even try to keep the commitments that you make with them! I’m not angry or disappointed I just have an understanding of what Stu and dad when through when they were on their missions and have so much respect for them because it’s not easy at all! I love teaching though and when people do accept and keep the commitments I have never felt so happy in my life! I can feel the spirit so very strongly and I actually have 3 people with baptismal dates but they didn’t attend church this week so we have to push the date back another week and I now understand why prophets in the Book of Mormon are always asking why Heavenly Father lets his children live such wicked lives! I will leave some lessons and just want to cry because this work is so important and if they just try just a little to follow our guidance they will receive peace and happiness but they are either to stubborn or lazy to try! My companion show me a talk by president Holland that really helped me a lot it’s an address to the mission presidents and it’s the reason why missionary work is so hard and I understood after. I am learning a lot and the language is coming along good, I’m excited for the day in my mission when I’m training a new Elder and I need his help to know how to say things in English ha ha! I love you such much and I hope you know that you and Dad did an excellent job of teaching me the gospel. 
Your Questions
1. My companion is from Costa Rica and I call him little tico because apparently that is the South American nickname for them its like Yankee.
2. Raised in the church
3.speaks a little English but basically knows as much English as I do Spanish
4.send stuff to the mission home address not to my address 
5. The big meal here is almuerzo so every day we have a scheduled lunch with one of the families in the branch with are super good and I really like the Members here but they have a huge problem with inactivity because members are always offending each other and everyone works on Sunday.

I love you so much Momma!
Para Su Hijo
Elder Christopher Ryan Barlow


Elder Barlow's Neighborhood


Elder Azaria and Elder Barlow
Elder Barlow's Kitchen
Bedroom
Ovalle

No comments:

Post a Comment