Monday, September 29, 2014

Grateful for good examples…

Hey momma!! Good morning to you as well! I am glad that you have started to hang out with the other families in the ward they´re awesome! Try not to have to much fun without me with them. I don´t want to miss out on all the fun while I´m baptizing Chile! They were all very good examples to me and I am very greatful for them in my life, especially Jeff, Michelle, Tracy and Scott. Jeff is the man and was always an exceptional example of what a good priesthood holder should be and the evidence is his 2 sons.  Michelle is the best white mom I could have ever asked for! Tracy was a wonderful leader for me in the stake youth council and I loved to be at the Lesaeurs house! Tell loser kate to write be my the way. I am doing really good! I haven´t gotten sick or anything like that and my companion and I are getting along really well.  The language barrier is a little annoying at times but slowly were smashing that to pieces. No we don´t have to pay the families who feed us.  The point of the visit is to help strength the family and help them in their problems, which is good.   And yes we do pay the family that does our laundry but not a lot and only once a month which is really nice! Thank you for the boots and for the other things that I asked for it will be nice to have them! This week was really really interesting! Its so funny to me that when we talk to people for 5 minutes about the church, complete strangers will totally open up their whole lives to you and want your help if you ask the right question.  The whole misery loves company thing is real and actually helps us a lot because we have answers for any problem. People just need to take the time to listen for 10 to 15 minutes. This week was really good mostly because of one of our investigators named Juan. He is about 25 or 26 same age as Stu and lives with his girlfriend and their family who are less active in the church. When we first got here they didn´t like the missionaries and he didn´t want anything to do with the church but now he has agreed to get baptized. Him and his girlfriend are working towards marriage because they have a kid and they need to be married before he can be baptized.  She is a little scared and unsure about it all which makes things difficult but she is progressing as well. The whole family attended church this week and it was just really great to see him ask tons of questions during principles of the gospel class! He really wants to learn and understand and is trying very hard to do the things we ask him. He can feel the spirit during our lessons and is just an awesome guy, kinda reminds me of stu. We are progressing with about 5 other investigators right now and I can feel the branch really starting the come together and I feel like they are starting to get closer together spiritually as they realize they actually all belong to the same religion. Transfers are usually next week but I probably wont be leaving for possibly a month or 2 after my training is done which is at week 12. Im at week 6 but time is going by really fast! Y es mas mas fácil a hablar en español ahora y yo puedo contestar fácil preguntas y explicar todo de la lecciones in español la difícil parte es cuando la personas aquí hablan muy muy rápido y el otro misioneros no pueden entender to de la idioma porque ellos usan mucha slang y hablen mas rápido que cada otro pies que hablar en español. Estoy muy animado por conferencias de zona y el presidente es aquí para esta conferencia. Y esta semana es conferencia general!!!!!!!!!!!! wooohooo!!! It is going to be so sweet! 
I love you so much mommy and I am learing so much about how tough I actually am and how tough I am going to need to be for the future.

Para su HIjo Amado

Elder Christopher Ryan Barlow



No comments:

Post a Comment