Monday, September 7, 2015

Estoy pasándolo chancho aquí en Chile! 
That's a Chilean phrase for "I am all good here". Like you said I am going through a slow moment on my mission and really trying to find out what the lord is trying to teach me and how I can consecrated more on him. I asked my mission president if my companion and I can get up earlier to study and start studying the Books of the apostles and prophets, like the doctrines of salvation and The Miracle of Forgiveness and other books like that.  Because we had lunch with a member the other day who is dying of cancer and he started talking about the experience of knowing your dying and how he has really just put himself in the hands of the lord. He goes to the temple as much as possible and reads and prays a lot. He is only like 40 and has 2 young kids so its been rough for him, but he says and I believe him, that he is truly at peace with his death coming. He said death is a privilege to him and is glad that he will be able to experience it. I have never heard anything like that before.  Death is a privilege. He is not afraid, he is at complete peace and it brought to mind a video that we share with investigators and less active members called Men's Hearts Will Fail tThem.  It's a video of Elder Nelson talking about an experience of  one of the many flights he has taken in his life when the engines caught on fire and the plane started to fall out of the sky to their deaths. He says he was completely calm. He says he was ready to meet his maker and that a women in the next aisle was freaking out and that he felt bad for her. I think we need to prepare better for these moments of life. I have no idea what will happen to me in my life apart from the promised blessings that I have from my patriarchal blessing. When I pass away I want to be able to say the same thing, that death is a privilege and I am ready to meet not only my maker but my savior and enter into his presence. I know I have to do much more, but Jesus Christ is the savior of the world. He made is possible for each and everyone of us to be able to change and not only become free from death but free from sin, imperfection and fear. I am so grateful for my savior and brother.

Tell sister Tait she literally is always in my prayers!!!

Elder Christopher Ryan Barlow

No comments:

Post a Comment